Hello! I’ve been in a bit of a book slump, so I thought that I’d lighten things up with a little top ten quote list. I’ve read so many books over the years and honestly, I don’t think that I can narrow it down like this (but I’ll try my best)
1. “We were a song that had been sung from the very first ember of light in the world.”Sarah J. Maas
My go-to book for perfect quotes has to be the ACOTAR series! I tried to cut it down to just one quote but I love them all so much. The word choice makes the quote so much more meaningful and I just love how its structured.
2. “Maybe some people are just meant to be in the same story.”Jandy Nelson
This is such a short quote, but I just really connected with it. You don’t need to read the book at all to understand it and the fact that it’s from my absolute favorite YA fiction book, I’ll Give You The Sun makes it even better.
3. “It was impossible, of course. But when did that ever stop any dreamer from dreaming.”Laini Taylor
I love how positive this quote is and it applies so much to nearly everyone’s life. It’s relatable, and it makes it so much easier to connect to what she’s saying.
4. “I am always surprised to discover that when the world seems darkest, there exists the greatest opportunity for light.”Brigid Kemmerer
This gives off such a hopeful, positive vibe and I love it for that.
5. “Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures. No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh.”Tahereh Mafi
Honestly, this quote is kind of morbid when I read it over, but it doesn’t stop me from loving it. The Shatter Me series is full of metaphors in its writing and I love how they’re used here.
A lot of my commentary is pretty similar for the quotes, so here’s the next five without any (so you’re not forced to read through my repetitiveness 🙂 ).
6. “When people say impossible, they usually mean improbable.”Leigh Bardugo
7. “I would have come for you. And if I couldn’t walk, I’d crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we’d fight our way out together-knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that’s what we do. We never stop fighting.”Leigh Bardugo (again)
8. “And the infinite captivates us because it allows us to believe all things are possible. That true love can last beyond time.”Renée Ahdieh
9. “Hope in the shadow of fear is the world’s most powerful motivator.”Neal Schusterman
10. “Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything’s possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.”Marie Lu
Hope you enjoyed! There are so many I wish I could have put in, and I’m sure all of you can think of even more too. Hopefully I’ll write again with another book review again!